The evaluation report of Young Artist’s Development Programme 2011-2012 is available here:
The Young Artist Development Programme is an inclusive twelve-month intensive development opportunity for 18 to 30 year olds who have a keen interest and commitment in pursuing further arts participation, training, education or moving towards a career in the arts and creative sector. The service aims to increase young people’s knowledge, skills, networks and experience in the arts to help them follow their ambitions.
Our current programme began in May 2011 and will complete in May 2012.
YAD aims to:
- Provide an intensive and supportive arts development opportunity.
- Provide a Platform for creative expression, skill sharing and critique.
- Encourage individual personal development planning.
- Identify individual arts development goals.
- Encourage individual action planning and self-directed learning.
- Raise awareness of arts opportunities in Manchester.
- Encourage participants to take part in external arts opportunities.
- Work with partnering artists and organisations.
- Increase arts knowledge, networks, participation and opportunities.
- Identify training needs and opportunities.
- Provide training and development opportunities.
- Offer Silver Arts Award to participants under the age of 25 and support them to achieve accreditation
- Monthly development workshops,
- Networking opportunities,
- Individual Professional Development Planning sessions,
- Silver Arts Award,
- Individual training and development budget,
- Ongoing Information, advice and guidance,
- Exit and individual forward planning session
Overall mission of the Young Artist Development Programme
To offer an inclusive and alternative arts development experience that will build on the competence of young emerging artists/creative practitioners who would like to progress in the arts and to encourage a real and sustainable future for their involvement within the arts and creative industries, as young leaders, emerging artists or arts practitioners.
To find out more about the programme, activity and participants involved visit our blog
Or follow the conversation on Twitter #fcaYAD
You can find the evaulation of the Young Artist Development 2009 here: